Brief summary of expertise
Jo Telenta is a Program Manager at the Centre for Health and Social Research (CHaSR) at ACU. She has extensive project management and research experience in the area of social marketing with a focus on designing, delivering and conducting interventions to improve knowledge and change attitudes and behavior. Jo has been responsible for projects in a variety of areas with a range of audiences including mental health, substance abuse, blood donation and autism spectrum disorders.
Completed Relevant Projects Responsible for
- UOW Student Amenities Funding Grant (2012-2014) “UOW Mental and Emotional Wellbeing Social Marketing Campaign ($240,800)
- Kirby Institute (2011-14) “ETHOS Healthy Liver Campaign Social Marketing Component” ($49,710)
- ARC Linkage Grant (2012-15) “Developing culturally relevant social marketing interventions to increase blood donation amongst migrant communities: The case of African migrants” ($229,905)
- UOW Community Engagement Grant (2011) “An Educational Resource for Peers of Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder” ($10,000)
- Wollongong Community Drug Action Team (2011)“A Review of Current Youth Drug Diversionary Programs in Australia including Recommendations for the Implementation of a Youth MERIT Pilot in the Illawarra ($5,500)
- Department Of Industry And Investment (2011) “Development of client needs measurement ‘tool’ for the Cram Foundation” ($30,000)
- Marshall AD; Micallef M; Erratt A; Telenta J; Treloar C; Everingham H; Jones SC; Bath N; How-Chow D; Byrne J; Harvey P; Dunlop A; Jauncey M; Read P; Collie T; Dore GJ; Grebely J, 2015, ‘Liver disease knowledge and acceptability of non-invasive liver fibrosis assessment among people who inject drugs in the drug and alcohol setting: The LiveRLife Study’, International Journal of Drug Policy, vol. 26, no. 10, pp. 984 – 991, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.drugpo.2015.07.002
- Micallef M, Grebely J, Telenta J, Jones S, Bath N, Treloar C, Trusler R, How-Chow D, Byrne J, Harvey P and Dore GJ(20140 “Liverlife: a healthy liver campaign among people who inject drugs in the drug and alcohol setting”. 2014 Australasian Viral Hepatitis Conference, Alice Springs.
- Jones S.C, Telenta J, Andrews K, Chapman, M. (2013) “There’s nothing mental about seeking help’ – developing materials to support help seeking and reduce stigma amongst university students”. 2013 Australian and New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference, NZ.
- Jones S.C, Telenta J & McKay F (2012). “I Hope This Can be Shared with Everyone in Lots of Schools”: A Novel Intervention to Improve Social Skills of Peers of Children with Autism. 2012 International Social Marketing Conference, Brisbane. (presenter)
- Jones, S.C, Telenta, J (2011). “A review of Current Merit Programs in Australia” 2011 Australian Professional Society on Alcohol and other Drugs (APSAD) Conference, Hobart.
- Telenta J, Jones SC and Rebbeck E. (2011) “A Review of Current Youth Drug Diversionary Programs in Australia including Recommendations for the Implementation of a Youth MERIT Pilot in the Illawarra: a report for the Wollongong Community Drug Action Team”.
- Robinson L, Jones SC and Telenta J (2011) “Development of a Client Needs Measurement Tool’: a report for the Cram Foundation.